Be sure to have the Resources (link below) open on a new tab before you begin the video.
There is a fresh urgency and new opportunity to invest in SEL, including support for students’ learning and development, educator well-being, family and community partnerships, and more inclusive and equitable learning environments. The historic levels of K-12 dollars can provide a long-term foundation for evidence-based, systemic implementation of SEL as we move beyond the pandemic.
We will discuss six potential SEL investments:
1. Expanded learning opportunities that integrate social, emotional, & academic learning across in-school and out-of-school time
2. Evidence-based SEL programs that emphasize developmentally appropriate & culturally affirming SEL competencies
3. Staffing & schedules that support relationship-centered practices
4. Support for educator, school staff, & out-of-school time provider well-being
5. Professional learning that builds educator capacity to promote SEL & create inclusive learning environments.
7. Data systems that inform continuous improvement.
Presentation slides: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xlDiQJB7JBSbBPL3HX61vWkr5rQGq4mM/view?usp=sharing